Nothing is rendered

Discuss emulation or program issues here.
max_power

Nothing is rendered

Post by max_power » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:29 pm

As the excellent description in the title says, I don't get anything rendered in the window.

I poked around a little, and it turns out that in vi_cycle in vi/controller.c the variables hres and vres are always 0, which is because vi->regs[VI_H_START_REG] and friends are always 0 because they never get written to in write_vi_regs. Color me confused.

Setup: Xubuntu 14.04
gcc 4.8.2
latest commit from CEN64-backport
roms: e.g. Donke Kong 64, md5sum: 9ec41abf2519fc386cadd0731f6e868c

P.S.: I'm too lazy to create another account on the bugtracker, I hope it gets synced to the forum account soon :-D

beannaich

Re: Nothing is rendered

Post by beannaich » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:54 pm

max_power wrote:As the excellent description in the title says, I don't get anything rendered in the window.

I poked around a little, and it turns out that in vi_cycle in vi/controller.c the variables hres and vres are always 0, which is because vi->regs[VI_H_START_REG] and friends are always 0 because they never get written to in write_vi_regs. Color me confused.

Setup: Xubuntu 14.04
gcc 4.8.2
latest commit from CEN64-backport
roms: e.g. Donke Kong 64, md5sum: 9ec41abf2519fc386cadd0731f6e868c
I'll create a ticket for you. Although this may be irrelevant to the new core since it's a VI thing. *shrug*
max_power wrote:P.S.: I'm too lazy to create another account on the bugtracker, I hope it gets synced to the forum account soon :-D
We're investigating options for this. If we go the way I would like to (the way I think we'll go), then you won't need an account to submit new issues. A form will be provided for that :-)

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Re: Nothing is rendered

Post by MarathonMan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:52 am

max_power wrote:I poked around a little, and it turns out that in vi_cycle in vi/controller.c the variables hres and vres are always 0, which is because vi->regs[VI_H_START_REG] and friends are always 0 because they never get written to in write_vi_regs. Color me confused.
The ROM's likely not booting because the CIC security check is failing or something (or, if you changed the CIC seed accordingly, it's just a bug that I haven't tracked down yet). Either way, the VI registers don't really get touched until libultra is happy, so the fact that they're fixed at zero means the ROM just isn't booting... it's likely not a problem with the VI.