VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference)

Discuss topics related to development here.
Post Reply
User avatar
zerowalker
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:30 am

VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference)

Post by zerowalker » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:29 am

As topic says.

I just saw the update and wanted to try it out on Ocarina of Time, but i don't see any difference at all.
As it's On by default i expect it to be working, so is the speed up only in some cases?

(Maybe wrong forum to write this?)

Thanks:)

User avatar
MarathonMan
Site Admin
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by MarathonMan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:34 pm

zerowalker wrote:As topic says.

I just saw the update and wanted to try it out on Ocarina of Time, but i don't see any difference at all.
As it's On by default i expect it to be working, so is the speed up only in some cases?

(Maybe wrong forum to write this?)

Thanks:)
You are using release builds, right? I don't even get 45VI/s on the spinning N before the game starts without it.

User avatar
zerowalker
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:30 am

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by zerowalker » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:10 pm

Well i use them and tried EmuCR, that's where it mentioned the option is ON now.
Don't see any Git changes though, so guessing you have had it on for long?

So confused if i have actually tested it Off before or not;S

User avatar
Breadwinka
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by Breadwinka » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:01 pm

MarathonMan wrote:
zerowalker wrote:As topic says.

I just saw the update and wanted to try it out on Ocarina of Time, but i don't see any difference at all.
As it's On by default i expect it to be working, so is the speed up only in some cases?

(Maybe wrong forum to write this?)

Thanks:)
You are using release builds, right? I don't even get 45VI/s on the spinning N before the game starts without it.
Same here at the beginning im hitting 60VI/s then during the intro its around 45-50VI/s with the latest updates.

User avatar
Matti
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by Matti » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:19 am

ON: Spinning: 60, Intro: 45
OFF: Spinning: 45, Intro: 35

Both with multithread enabled.

User avatar
zerowalker
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:30 am

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by zerowalker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Matti wrote:ON: Spinning: 60, Intro: 45
OFF: Spinning: 45, Intro: 35

Both with multithread enabled.
How do you enable, disable those settings, or is it done in compile?

User avatar
Matti
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by Matti » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:58 pm

I recompiled it.

User avatar
zerowalker
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:30 am

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by zerowalker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Matti wrote:I recompiled it.
Could you give me one with it off and on (no MT) and also one with it on with MT.

If it's not too much of a bother of course:)

User avatar
Matti
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by Matti » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:09 pm

Well, I use ArchLinux. Don't know if it would help you ;)

Compiling stuff under Windows is pretty annoying because you have to install so much stuff.

User avatar
zerowalker
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:30 am

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by zerowalker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Matti wrote:Well, I use ArchLinux. Don't know if it would help you ;)

Compiling stuff under Windows is pretty annoying because you have to install so much stuff.
Ah well then it won't help me xD

Yeah know, so too complicated for me;p

User avatar
MarathonMan
Site Admin
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by MarathonMan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:18 am

I had some regressions I was tackling that are preventing it from being 60VI/s all the time on a quad core system, so the latest builds have majorly regressed since I took the YouTube video. I'll try to fix it, but probably can't get around to it for a week or so.

User avatar
Matti
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by Matti » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:24 am

Can you predict how big the performance hit would be if the missings instructions are implemented?

User avatar
MarathonMan
Site Admin
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: VR4300_BUSY_WAIT_DETECTION (Can't notice any difference

Post by MarathonMan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:45 pm

Negligible. Most of them are hardly ever executed.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest