Is CIC-NUS-6105's Algorithm implemented?

Discuss topics related to development here.
Snowstorm64

Is CIC-NUS-6105's Algorithm implemented?

Post by Snowstorm64 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:53 pm

I'm asking this because I was reading this page and:
The 6105 is thought to be unique that it has additional functionality for protection. I forget the details, but it's some sort of challenge/response system. Jet Force Gemini checks this, and freezes randomly if not found. Banjo-Tooie uses all 512 possible C/R pairs and will not even boot. The data has been collected and is included in emulators that support these games (see, pif2.dat)
On CEN64, Jet Force Gemini crashes randomly, and Banjo-Tooie doesn't boot ( although a lot of other games don't boot too...), so maybe the algorithm is missing.

You can take the algorithm from this page.
CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 3.5 GHz
Build: AVX (compiled from git)

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Re: Is CIC-NUS-6105's Algorithm implemented?

Post by MarathonMan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:20 pm

No, it's not.

I am working on acquiring raw dumps of the CICs and PIFs (there is an active effort to get the chips decap'd and inspect the bit-lines). After I do this, I will be implementing cycle-accurate models of the Sharp micro-controllers used in the CICs and PIF in their full glory, instead of implementing the HLE algorithm.

I can look into integrating the algorithm in the next release of CEN64 after I get the core stabilizing and things seem to work well as a stop-gap measure, though.

The Extremist

Re: Is CIC-NUS-6105's Algorithm implemented?

Post by The Extremist » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 pm

MarathonMan wrote:I will be implementing cycle-accurate models of the Sharp micro-controllers used in the CICs and PIF in their full glory
Hardcore. 8-)