Pinging all frontend devs

Discuss and announce frontends here.
MarathonMan
Site Admin

Pinging all frontend devs

Post by MarathonMan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:43 am

Putting out a request/announcement for anyone still interested on working on the frontends...

I am going to start fleshing out a debugging protocol that frontends can use to communicate with CEN64 in the next few weeks or so. Commands will be sent over a pipe (network socket, really), to which CEN64 will respond, to get the contents of caches and memory, states of registers, set break and watch-points etc...

The pipe will be opened by passing a command line argument like -debug to CEN64. I'll be implementing an example frontend that will be text-based and documenting the protocol, and it'd be nice if we could get a UI going.

jaytheham

Re: Pinging all frontend devs

Post by jaytheham » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:21 pm

I would do this but, but so little time, so many projects. Maybe I'll give it a shot anyway once your example is out, the scene could really do with another debugger that isn't Nemu and works better than pj64's.

ShadowFX

Post by ShadowFX » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Of course, I can always prepare a new set of graphics/icons if needed :)
"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"

Specs: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4-RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Main build: AVX (official)

Presence

Post by Presence » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:10 am

I've been rather busy lately, but I'll look at adding this to CEN64-Qt when it's ready and I have some time.

beannaich

Post by beannaich » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:45 pm

I've been learning WPF lately, and I might take a crack at a CEN64 front end once the API is ready :)

krom

Post by krom » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:18 pm

MarathonMan wrote:The pipe will be opened by passing a command line argument like -debug to CEN64. I'll be implementing an example frontend that will be text-based and documenting the protocol, and it'd be nice if we could get a UI going.
This is really great news, I will convert my translation tutorials to use cen64 debugging features once it is complete =D