N64 Homebrew Questions + N64 HDMI Mod

Discuss miscellaneous N64-related matter here.
OldGnashburg
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada: A place with free universal healthcare, and lots and lots of oil.

N64 Homebrew Questions + N64 HDMI Mod

Post by OldGnashburg » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:12 am

Greetings, fellow N64 whatchamacallit's. I am saving up for a 64Drive and would like to know about what kind of Homebrew is out there for the N64. I am mainly interested Homebrew emulators for N64 but as I'm also a PSP (I'm not a programmer just a user) hacker, I know what Homebrew is capable of (emulation, amazing Homebrew applications and games, ports of games like meritous (which I strongly recommend you download from it's website by doin' a quick google search) and Plants vs Zombies, plugins that allow you to create and load savestates and macro your buttons on your PSP) and I would love to know what's out there.
Also does anybody have info on the HDMI Output mod for the N64, I want to know about the quality of the upscaling because of the aspect ratio switch. I also would like to know if the lack of scan lines affect the final image, mainly because I am worried that there will be regressions (?) based on certain graphic effects relying on CRT scan lines. Does anybody know if the mod breaks anything?
Gnash, Gnash, Gnash...

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Re: N64 Homebrew Questions + N64 HDMI Mod

Post by MarathonMan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:38 am

From the same guy (marshallh) that's designing the 64drive:

http://retroactive.be/tech_n64_hdmi.php

OldGnashburg
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada: A place with free universal healthcare, and lots and lots of oil.

Re: N64 Homebrew Questions + N64 HDMI Mod

Post by OldGnashburg » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Ah, okay. But what about homebrew? I heard thre is an NES emulator for the N64. What other games and emulators are out there for the N64; as I said I want to buy a 64Drive and test out some homebrew. So is there any N64 Homebrew worth mentioning?
Gnash, Gnash, Gnash...