I have the following hardware setup:
- N64 Console (Region Modified)
- Everdrive 64
- Saleae Logic 8 Analyzer
- Modified Extension Cable (for connecting the Logic Analyzer)
- Standard Controller (1st & 3rd Party)
- Controller Pak aka Memory Card (1st & 3rd Party + 1st Party Japanese)
- LodgeNet Controller (3rd Party)
- N64 Glove - (Identical to a Std Controller)
- UltraRacer 64 Controller - (Identical to a Std Controller)
- Rumble Pak (1st & 3rd Party)
- Transfer Pak (1st Party US + 1st Party Japan)
- VRU - Voice Recognition Unit (1st Party US + 1st Party Japan)
- N64 Mouse (1st Party Japan)
- N64 Dance Pad (3rd Party Japan)
- Pulse Sensor - Tetris 64 (3rd Party Japan)
- Train Controller - Densha de Go! (3rd Party Japan)
It's usually expensive and in "collector" condition, shipping box etc. I'm interested if anybody has one in non-collectible condition, or is willing to negotiate a loan situation via shipping or local in Seattle, WA, USA area. I don't need to disassemble but confirming and documenting each key press combination will probably require a couple of weeks. I do NOT have the DD64 but hope that the keyboard uses the standard protocol commands of 0x00 and 0x01 and therefore will respond using custom code or even another game sending those commands.
Have I missed any controller port peripherals?
I haven't analyzed much beyond the std controllers so your requests would help me prioritize my list.
My ultimate goal is the definitive controller protocol specification for custom controllers, but thought this information could help in other scenarios.
I'm starting to write some code to exercise the hardware directly, but would really appreciate assistance with this if available. I have compiled the example code I've found and even written a few lines of my own, but C# is my every day language and the "C" learning curves is pretty steep. I'd prefer a combination of Official SDK and the use of Open Source libraries, to thoroughly test everything.