Bugtracker

Discuss emulation or program issues here.
MarathonMan
Site Admin

Bugtracker

Post by MarathonMan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:57 pm

I've created a bugtracker:
http://bugtracker.cen64.com/

Please use that to file bugs from here on out. In line with users (Narann?) suggestions, I am trying to improve the workflow of the project.

Snowstorm64

Re: [STICKY] Bugtracker

Post by Snowstorm64 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:00 pm

Neat! When will we be able to login on that page? For that moment expect a wave of reports from me! :P
CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 3.5 GHz
Build: AVX (compiled from git)

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm

You should be able to signup for a mantis account now and start filing after you get the registration e-mail. :P

Snowstorm64

Post by Snowstorm64 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Ok, I'm starting to make reports.

(Please can you fix the severity status of issue no. 1? I messed up a little :P)

EDIT: Do you want me to report unimplemented BREAK and SDL/SDR instructions?

EDIT2: Also, how do you want me to report a bunch of games that don't boot right now? Open a ticket for every games or for every issues?

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Snowstorm64 wrote:EDIT: Do you want me to report unimplemented BREAK and SDL/SDR instructions?
Sure!
Snowstorm64 wrote:EDIT2: Also, how do you want me to report a bunch of games that don't boot right now? Open a ticket for every games or for every issues?
Hold off on that right now, since a lot of these are going to be contingent upon the non-backported stuff and we have a compatability database on the way.

Snowstorm64

Post by Snowstorm64 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Ok! As for BREAK instruction, I took note for it some time ago, but it seems be currently unreproducible...Should I report it anyways?

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Snowstorm64 wrote:Ok! As for BREAK instruction, I took note for it some time ago, but it seems be currently unreproducible...Should I report it anyways?
BREAK is often executed by libultra when something breaks beyond repair, so the fact that you're not able to reproduce it is a good thing. :P Don't file a bug just yet! Unless it happens again...

Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:53 am

Would it be possible to make Mantis and the forums use the same login? It kinda sucks having to register twice.

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:42 am

Probably. I already hooked into phpbb3 for another upcoming component, so I'll look into that.

Narann

Post by Narann » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 am

Great!

I strongly suggest all users to use the same login than the forum please. :)

And MarathonMan. Do you think we could share accounts? This way if you already have an account on the forum you automatically have an account on MantisBT. :)

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:12 am

Narann wrote:And MarathonMan. Do you think we could share accounts? This way if you already have an account on the forum you automatically have an account on MantisBT. :)
Yes, it's possible... I've already written the PHP scripts to authenticate and store session data obtained from the phpbb3 database. Just a little too busy to integrate them into Mantis ATM. :(

Narann

Post by Narann » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:10 pm

MarathonMan wrote:Yes, it's possible... I've already written the PHP scripts to authenticate and store session data obtained from the phpbb3 database. Just a little too busy to integrate them into Mantis ATM. :(
Cool you think about it!
:mrgreen:

beannaich

Post by beannaich » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Narann wrote: Cool you think about it!
Once I get done authoring the new website, I'd like to take a look at this. Time will tell if MarathonMan or I get to it first ;)

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:38 pm

beannaich wrote:
Once I get done authoring the new website, I'd like to take a look at this. Time will tell if MarathonMan or I get to it first ;)
Have at it. I'd much rather work on CEN64. :D

beannaich

Post by beannaich » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:02 am

MarathonMan wrote:
beannaich wrote:
Have at it. I'd much rather work on CEN64. :D
The main page (http://www.cen64.com/) now has a "Report Bug" bookmark docked on the right side of the page. Simply click that, fill out your bug and provide a name/e-mail so we can follow up as necessary.

NOTE: If this gets abused, it will go away. I host the issue tracker that those tickets are going to, and it will have to run on the "honor system" until I find a way to lock it down. I have zero tolerance for abusing freely provided systems (especially ones I host/manage). But now you don't need a separate account to make issues, rejoice!

Narann

Post by Narann » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:53 am

Great! :mrgreen:

Can I suggest to don't let the user set the priority? How could he know? :?

The point would be that a bug send a such way would have a priority marked as "undefined" to let devs know the bug hasn't been evaluated.

My 2 cts.

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:53 am

The other thing that's making me a little weary is that users can no longer see open bug reports, and are thus apt to file duplicates. :cry:

beannaich

Post by beannaich » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:13 am

Narann wrote:Great! :mrgreen:

Can I suggest to don't let the user set the priority? How could he know? :?

The point would be that a bug send a such way would have a priority marked as "undefined" to let devs know the bug hasn't been evaluated.

My 2 cts.
The priority field has been removed. Not sure what a new issue will have it's priority set to though.
MarathonMan wrote:The other thing that's making me a little weary is that users can no longer see open bug reports, and are thus apt to file duplicates. :cry:
Fixed, anonymous users can now browse CEN64 issues by going to http://emu-code.org:8080/jira and going to the CEN64 project. Anonymous users can only view issues, they can do nothing else.

Snowstorm64

Post by Snowstorm64 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:41 am

beannaich wrote: Fixed, anonymous users can now browse CEN64 issues by going to http://emu-code.org:8080/jira and going to the CEN64 project. Anonymous users can only view issues, they can do nothing else.
I cannot access to the page, and the bug report form on www.cen64.com doesn't work.

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:37 am

beannaich -- for this reason, let's stick to relying on local installs of tools only. ;) I know you like your Atlassian stuff, but...

The bugtracker is always available at http://bugtracker.cen64.com.

beannaich

Post by beannaich » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:32 pm

MarathonMan wrote:beannaich -- for this reason, let's stick to relying on local installs of tools only. ;) I know you like your Atlassian stuff, but...

This has nothing to do with the tools. I was upgrading an Nvidia driver and the stupid thing crashed midway through, leaving me with no keyboard/mouse/usb at all. I had to do a full system restore, and am still in the middle of that. I had back-ups of all the databases that these tools rely on, and am working with tech support to get a few things fixed. Once JIRA is restored, the bug submitting widget will be working again as intended.

This is not something I planned for, but you can bet your ass I am taking every precaution now. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, trust me when I say that I am the most annoyed out of all of you (I couldn't even program or do anything fun on my computer for a few days, and had to spend any free time I got re-installing programs, and restoring lost data).

EDIT: All services are back on-line. They may be a little unstable for the next day or so while I fine-tune the restoration and get everything back in perfect order. Again, sorry for any inconvenience.

Snowstorm64

Post by Snowstorm64 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:51 am

Wait a second, I need to understand this: have you hosted the bug tracker on your personal computer instead of a server? Why....

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:07 am

beannaich wrote:
MarathonMan wrote:beannaich -- for this reason, let's stick to relying on local installs of tools only. ;) I know you like your Atlassian stuff, but...

This has nothing to do with the tools. I was upgrading an Nvidia driver and the stupid thing crashed midway through, leaving me with no keyboard/mouse/usb at all. I had to do a full system restore, and am still in the middle of that. I had back-ups of all the databases that these tools rely on, and am working with tech support to get a few things fixed. Once JIRA is restored, the bug submitting widget will be working again as intended.

This is not something I planned for, but you can bet your ass I am taking every precaution now. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, trust me when I say that I am the most annoyed out of all of you (I couldn't even program or do anything fun on my computer for a few days, and had to spend any free time I got re-installing programs, and restoring lost data).
No problem, I understand. Just saying that I'd like to keep all "core" services on the VM itself (or, at least as many as possible). Using JIRA transparently or as a duplicate is fine, but I'd like bugs to be filed into the Mantis BT and have all links direct there.

beannaich

Post by beannaich » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:29 pm

MarathonMan wrote:No problem, I understand. Just saying that I'd like to keep all "core" services on the VM itself (or, at least as many as possible). Using JIRA transparently or as a duplicate is fine, but I'd like bugs to be filed into the Mantis BT and have all links direct there.
I'm looking at getting a dedicated host for these services. Currently running at 61% memory usage with all those running :p after that happens these services will be very stable.

MarathonMan
Site Admin

Post by MarathonMan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:38 pm

beannaich wrote:I'm looking at getting a dedicated host for these services. Currently running at 61% memory usage with all those running :p after that happens these services will be very stable.
It's not a matter of stability; I just don't want to rely on an external agent for a large part of the website. It's not a stateless server like a compilation service that I can just redirect at any time... there's lot of user data associated with it.

beannaich

Post by beannaich » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:12 pm

MarathonMan wrote:It's not a matter of stability; I just don't want to rely on an external agent for a large part of the website. It's not a stateless server like a compilation service that I can just redirect at any time... there's lot of user data associated with it.
Roll back the last website commit and its gone :p

Presence

Post by Presence » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:26 am

Not sure if this is related but the page at http://www.cen64.com/ is not loading (at least on my machine). The culprit is this script tag in the header:

Code: Select all

<script src="http://emu-code.org:8080/jira/s/5b279904359cf69b3818d93a6065ccfa-T/en_US-1gaf1s/6332/4/1.4.15/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?locale=en-US&collectorId=1d4d9623"></script>
We should either move that script somewhere more stable or to the bottom of the <body> tag where it won't disrupt the page loading.

beannaich

Post by beannaich » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:04 am

Presence wrote:Not sure if this is related but the page at http://www.cen64.com/ is not loading (at least on my machine). The culprit is this script tag in the header:

Code: Select all

<script src="http://emu-code.org:8080/jira/s/5b279904359cf69b3818d93a6065ccfa-T/en_US-1gaf1s/6332/4/1.4.15/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?locale=en-US&collectorId=1d4d9623"></script>
We should either move that script somewhere more stable or to the bottom of the <body> tag where it won't disrupt the page loading.
This is what I had mentioned in the post immediately before yours. I just pushed the fix.